Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hopes


Note: I had penned this poem keeping the current situation of my beloved Country(Pakistan) in my mind. Pakistan isn't a terrorist state but it is badly affected by it.


I hope this country becomes a model of peace,
Birds go home and we could Happily Sleep.

I hope that window opens and let the light comes in,
So that we go out from this darkness and wash away our sin.

I hope this Chaos turns into Serenity Slowly,
So that no more Head hangs lowly.

I hope no sorrow prevails in any beautiful eye,
So that everyone could recognize Happiness whether if its disguised.

I hope to see only pleasure and glory,
Neither War nor anything that's gory.

I hope unbelief get turned into faith,
and Satan get lost somewhere in haze.

I hope everyone struggle till die and fall,
Just like a tree in thunderstorm stands tall.

I hope poor and rich stand together,
Not only on judgment day but in this life forever...

After reading this you'll conclude that i'm on dopes,
But i'm just a person promulgating my HOPES......


Bilal Lashari Copyrights © 2010

12 comments:

  1. Good to see you writing poetry! And writing poetry in English is not so easy for you. But I think everyone can know what you're feeling. And the reason we need poets is that people need to connect with feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right that it is not easy for me to write poetry in English because it isn't my mother tongue. But I'm just trying to write using simple expressions and words. Yeah that's my main objective that my reader should feel what I'm trying to express. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey billz

    You are a talented young poet. I am sure you will touch great heights one day :) This is a beautiful piece of poetry and I just love it. Hoping to see more coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey billz

    You are a talented young poet. I am sure you will touch great heights one day :) This is a beautiful piece of poetry and I just love it. Hoping to see more coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww you have got a wonderful talent of writing poetry!
    its simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Reebz thanks alot.. i'm truly obliged...

    ReplyDelete
  7. mother tongue or not this is truly good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Divaa well, thanks a lot for comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are great with words. I loved it! And I loved the overall idea of the poem! Yes, you are right.

    Take care,
    I want to hear more from you,

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ingrid Thanks alot for your valuable remarks! i truly value them... Yes Insha Allah you'll keep on hearing from me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I hope no sorrow prevails in any beautiful eye,
    So that everyone could recognize Happiness whether if its disguised."
    Such a inspiring and hopeful poem as its name indicates. Insahallh every thing will come to
    its original shape again peace will be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Your words are as valuable as your presence on this blog.